Is your house hiding behind those unruly, unkempt bushes which need serious trim? Are you tired of having to maintain your backyard manually? Well, you can bid goodbye to all the sweaty, hot days of having to trim your hedges and tidy up your garden manually. These cordless hedge trimmers are just what you need! Here is your answer to the top cordless hedge trimmers. Find one that suits your needs and trim those twigs.
1. Black + Decker 20V Lithium-Ion Anti-jam hedge trimmer:
This timer has 22 inches dual-action blades that can cut branches up to 3/4 inches in diameter. A comfortable grip effectively regulates the vibrations. This trimmer can effortlessly trim up to 3000sq.feet in a single charge.
- Dimensions – 39.98 x 6.97 x 7.48 inches
- Weight 7.83 pounds
- Voltage- 20V
- The anti-jam mechanism ensures safety.
- It has a manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years.
- Rubber grips ensure comfortable handling.
- Users complain about the low battery capacity.
- Difficult to insert the battery
2. Worx Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer:
The Worx hedge trimmer is lightweight with 22-inch dual-action blades ensuring a clean cut. Its D-grip handle provides a much more comfortable and safe hold. The over-mold construction radiates the vibration and provides better control. The safety guard protects you from scrapes during the chafing. It churns out 2600 revs/min of no-load speed for concise cutting.
- Dimensions- 34.08 x 7.63 x 8 inches
- Weight – 6.14 pounds
- Voltage – 20V
- Batteries can be shared from existing power share tools.
- Comfortable hold
- Does not cut long branches easily
- Do not always provide a clean cut.
3. Dewalt 20V Max cordless hedge trimmer:
The Dewalt hedge trimmer provides easy start and stops with the pull of a trigger. It requires no carburetors, no air filters, and does not require expensive maintenance. It has 22-inch razor-sharp, heavy-duty, dual-action blades that cut clean and fast.
- Dimensions – 38.7 x 9.4 x 7.9 inches
- Weight -11.5 pounds
- Voltage – 20V
- 5Ah batteries provide more run time
- More Compact
4. Greenworks hedge trimmer:
This trimmer cuts through thick branches with 24-inch dual-action blades with a ¾ inch cutting capacity. It trims for 60 minutes at a single charge. The handle at the back has a rotating feature providing a better angle for a better design.
- Dimensions – 40.9 x 10 x 8.1 inches
- Voltage – 40V
- Weight – 8.3 pounds
- Innovative 180-degree rotating rear handle provides easy trimming at multiple angles.
- 1-hour quick charge
- The rotating handle makes the trimmer easy to maneuver
- High power
- Users complain about the quality of steel used in blades.
- No anti-jamming mechanism
5. Makita Cordless Hedgetrimmer:
It is lightweight with a 22-inch blade with two-hour battery life. Makita cordless hedgetrimmer is popular among DIY gardeners. Its internal motor is cushioned, making the structure anti-vibration. The battery capacity system alerts when a charge is needed.
- Dimensions – 9.5 x 38.5 x 10 inches
- Weight – 12.8 pounds
- Voltage – 18V
- It has a battery cooling fan keeping the machine at an ideal temperature.
- Has star protection computer controls to prevent overloading, over-discharging
- SPM- 2700
- Lower noise level – 87decibels
- Lower emission
- 5Ah batteries provide more run time.
- Low power
6. EGO power+ Cordless Hedge Trimmer:
This trimmer at a budget-friendly price provides professional-level features. It has 24-inch dual-action blades made from hardened steel that are fully serviceable. It gives more control with an electric brake which stops the blades. EGO has made history by becoming the world’s first hedge trimmer with the capacity of cutting branches up to 1 inch thick.
- Dimensions – 42.13 x 6.16 x 7.09 inches
- Weight – 8.98 pounds
- Voltage – 56 volts
- Generates 3000 strokes per minute.
- High power
- 5-year warranty
- Jams while using
- Charging issues
Now that you have gone through this list of different types of hedge trimmers, each with a set of separate features and technical specifications, it will not be an easy task for you to select and buy the best trimmer for your requirements. You have to weigh down all the features and compare their specifications, keeping in mind your needs and purpose.
To make your work easier, we have listed some salient features and factors that you should keep in mind while buying a hedge trimmer.
- Power – The amount of power a hedge trimmer can generate varies by product. Depending on the size of the hedge you will be trimming, their size, their compactness, you need to decide on the level of power you would need.
- Length – Hedge trimmers are available in a variety of blade lengths. Depending on the type and area of the hedge you want to trim, you have to select the most suitable blade length.
- Weight – The weight of a hedge trimmer plays a major role in its ease of use. Heavier trimmers are harder to hold and operate but are more powerful. But lighter trimmers are easy to operate but generate less power. You should keep in mind your needs and your expertise and select an optimal weight for your trimmer.
- Cost – Cheaper, affordable trimmers are best for simple tasks. But obviously, they lack the features of costlier trimmers with high-powered batteries, longer blades, and faster charging time. Depending on your budget and requirement, select your price range.
- Safety – Many trimmers have robust engines and provide an array of features. But they are not provided with adequate safety standards. However, many trimmers come with safety precautions like tooth extensions, front-handle shields. These reduce the risk of accidents.
- Noise – You would not be wanting to plug in ear-plugs or some form of noise protection devices while operating your trimmer. Electric trimmers are often less noisy as compared to gas-powered ones. So choose your trimmer wisely.
- What should I do if the hedge trimmer does not cut evenly?
Ans) If the resulting cut is not even, the trimmer blades might be either blunt or loosely fit the main body. The hedge might also be too big for the trimmer to cut evenly. You can sharpen the blades and adjust the tension between them by reading the guide provided with it. As the blades are extremely sharp, be very careful while handling them.
- My blades are not working. What should I do?
Ans) If it is happening in a used product, then it might be a case of dirt and debris getting accumulated in between the blades or the blade clearance could be too tight. If it is the former, then clean and lubricate the blades with oil and kerosene (Refer guide). In the case of the latter, follow the provided blade clearance mechanisms.
- How can I clean my trimmer?
Ans) First, stop the engine. Clean the accumulated dirt and debris with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. Never use any petroleum-based products or strong solvents and bleach to clean your trimmer. Do not apply the solvents on plastic parts.
- How often should I clean the cold air intake?
Ans) The cold air intake should ideally be cleaned every 5 hours. Ensure that the air filter is free from dust and debris. It must be cleaned daily to prevent starting problems, engine power reduction, abnormal fuel consumption, and wear on engine parts.
- I cannot start the engine. What should I do?
Ans) Many factors are stopping your engine from starting.
- Check whether your fuel mixture is a fresh one or not. Ideally, it should be less than 90 days old.
- Make sure you have the on/off switch on.
- If you have a dirty air cleaner, clean it before switching on the trimmer.
- Make sure you have a clean fuel filter.
Now, we’ve taught you the A-Z of cordless hedge trimmers. You can choose the one that suits you and hop into your yard and impress your guests with your gardening skills. Keep your backyards and gardens clean by putting in minimum effort. Buy one of these electric hedge trimmers and experience the difference yourself!