Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems. Windows is not free to use the operating system, so users have to pay for the activation. Well, it’s an issue for many people to activate Windows. Millions of people encounter the Activate Windows 10 Watermark on their computers. To remove activate Windows watermark, you have to enter the valid product key. But if you don’t have the same, then you are in deep trouble.
Most of the times, the computer manufacturers don’t provide the Windows activation key. So, any registry changes cause the Activate Windows – Go to settings to activate windows error appear. It’s an annoying error, as only the activation key can make it disappear. Fortunately, there are more than a few ways to fix and remove activate windows 10 watermark. In this post, we are going to share the detailed information about the ways to remove activate windows watermark after the update. You’ll also know more about the causes behind this issue in Windows 10.
What Causes the Activate Windows Watermark?
There are many reasons that trigger Activate Windows Watermark on your computer. The most common reason is Windows updates. the regular Windows updates do reset the Windows Licensing system. If you had a valid activation key, then it’d not cause the issue. But if the manufacturer has forged the license key and sold you the computer with forged Windows copy, then it will show you the Activate Windows watermark. To remove Activate Windows Watermark permanently, you need to enter the activation key.
other reasons include the issues with registry entries. Windows updates can fiddle with the registry entries. Any minor issue with the registry entry will cause disable activate windows watermark to appear. Also, there are few technical reasons behind the same. some include the virus infestation in your system and also include the conflicting programs. but the most common is the forged copy of the Windows 10 operating system.
Remove Activate Windows Watermark Permanently – Working Methods
There are many working methods to get rid of activate windows watermark permanently. You need to follow only one method. If one method does not work for you, then move to another method. So, here are the ways to remove windows activation watermark permanently.
#1 – Use Windows Activation Key
To remove activate windows watermark after update, you need to use the Windows activation key. If you’ve bought the legit Windows 10 with your computer, then you can get your hands on the activation key. Find the Windows installation media you received with the computer. You’ll find the activation key written on the USB media or the CD/DVD. Also, you can ask the seller to provide a duplicate copy of your Windows 10 installation media. Otherwise, legally purchase Windows 10 key from the official website. Once you got your hands on the key, follow these steps.
- First of all, navigate to “Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation ” to access the activation page.
- Now, click on “Change your Product Key” or “Enter the Product Key” option.
- Enter the available product key in the text field accurately and press ENTER. Windows will start to verify the key. once verified, you’ll see Activate Windows Watermark disappeared.
#2 – Edit Registry Entries
As we already know, the modification in registry entries causes this issue to appear. The working method is to edit the entry and get rid of the activate windows 10 watermark permanently. Here are the exact steps to edit the registry entries.
- First of all, press the “Windows + R” key combination on your keyboard to open the RUN window. Type “regedit” in Run window and press ENTER to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, you’ll see the folders and subfolders along with the registry entries. Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop” from the left-pane in the window.
- You’ll find the “PaintDesktopVersion” entry in the right pane of the Registry editor. Double click on it and change the value from “1” to “0” and save.
- After saving, you have to restart your computer to let the changes take effect. Once done, you’ll see Activate Windows Watermark disappeared.
#3 – Run Batch File
The batch file is an executable file in Windows. In this method, we will be creating a batch file with the code and execute it. In this way, we can remove Activate windows 10 watermark on our computers. Here are the exact steps to do so.
- First of all, open the Notepad and create a new Text file. In the text file, enter the following code.@echo off
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Copy-Paste the code to avoid any errors. After that, press “Ctrl + S” to save the file. Name the file as “remove.bat” and save it on the desktop.
- Now, you’ll see the “Remove.bat” file on the desktop. Right-click on the file and click on “Run as Administrator“. The code will run for a few seconds.
- After that, restart the computer to let these changes take effect. Once done, you’ll not see the Windows 10 activation watermark on the desktop.
Activate Windows 10 Watermark is the most annoying thing. It nudges our eyes while we are using the computer. When we compare it with the other Windows issues, it doesn’t look like a serious issue. Simple solutions will help you get rid of Activate Windows Watermark permanently 2020. All you have to do is to follow the provided methods and you’ll not see the error anymore. I hope you’ve learned how to remove activate windows watermark from Windows 10 computer permanently. If you are facing any technical issues while following these methods, make sure to use the comment section below.