Suppose you are waiting for your flight at an airport, and you are already on the brink of exhausting your mobile internet. So you choose to take on the airport wifi. As soon as you open up your wifi and start searching, you will find some amusing, most peculiar wifi names there are, like ”GiveMeRedAndIWillGiveYouNet” or “Don’tYouDareConnect” (well, it didn’t). Now you want to have a cool and funny name for your wifi too. But how can you come up with new WiFi names that are as fascinating as those? Let me help you out.
Steps to change WiFi’s name
STEP 1: To change the name of your WiFi network (also known as SSID, or Service Set Identifier), you need to enter your router’s admin page. Your wifi IP address is required for this. If you know your wifi’s IP address, head on to Step 2. If you don’t, no worries.
FOR WINDOWS USERS:
- Hit Windows + R to open Run, and to launch the command prompt, type cmd and hit enter.
- Type ipconfig and hit enter at the command prompt.
- In the result section, you will find your current network connection visible. Your IP address will be displayed in front of “Default Gateway”.
FOR MACOS USERS:
- On your Mac’s screen, you will find the Apple menu in the top left corner. Click to open that menu.
- Choose the System Preferences option from the drop-down box.
- The System Preferences window appears, there you will find the network icon. Click on it and open it.
- Click Advanced that will be visible in the network window in the bottom right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear. Now click on the TCP/IP tab among the tabs visible on the top panel.
- In the middle of the page, you will find a “Router” heading. Beside it, on the right half, your IP address will be visible.
STEP 2: You can choose any browser to type in this IP address in the address bar. Hit the enter button after that.
STEP 3: The next thing the browser asks you is to enter your Username and Password for the wifi connection established.
STEP 4: The router’s settings page varies for different systems, so prefer this step as per your system. Usually, by clicking on the router’s name or a Settings option, you can gain access to the general section of your router’s settings.
STEP 5: Now, you can type the WiFi name that you want to be visible by other devices. Meanwhile, your network should be selected from the computer WiFi menu. And here we have some funny and cool WiFi names that you should have a look at!
STEP 6: Save your network name. Also, your router may reboot in some instances, requiring you to reconnect your wireless devices.
BUT! What name to keep? We can’t just keep some boring name. We need something hilarious, quirky, and different! Let us check out some titles for your WiFi!
Funny WiFi Names
- Identity Theft is Not a Joke
- My Network is My Network, None of Your Network
- Hidden Network
- YOU SHALL NOT CONNECT!
- So You Want to Connect?
- I Connect with You on a WiFi Level
- Get Something of Your Own
- Yell “I am a Fool” for the password
- You are paying the bill
- Pay Me with Your Phone’s Password
- The Dark Net Rises
- No Not You
- It Hurts when IP
- Take Me to Your Heart, Err Phone
- Please Don’t Ask for Password
- Clash of LANs
- Keep to Your LANe
- Thank You, Next
- IT Man
- Hey there, Neighbour
- Say my Password
- Last Christmas I Gave You My WiFi
- Does anyone know my password
- ******** is my password
- WiFi You Steal and Kill Your Bill
- Pulp WiFiction
- The Godfather of Wifi
Feel free to choose any. You can even take ideas from here and make your cool names. Do whatever suits you but, I hope that the LANisters send their regards! Thanks for making it to the end; we hope you liked this article. Most probably, it might be of some use!