Printing anything has become easier with the help of printers. With one-click printing on Windows 10, you can print anything within a few minutes. You might face some document compatibility issues while printing. But such problems are prevalent. The technical issues are the annoying ones. If you are facing the Print spooler keeps stopping error while printing, then that’s very annoying. the print spooler is the component in Windows 10, which is useful in using the printers. Well, if the print spooler keeps stopping, then you can’t use the printer.
That’s why it is vital to get rid of this issue as soon as possible. If you are willing to fix Windows 1903 print spooler keeps stopping, then you are at the right place. In this post, we are going to share the detailed information about the ways to fix this issue. You’ll get detailed solutions for fixing the print spooler service problems in Windows 10. So, you have to follow these methods to get rid of the printer not working on Windows 10 computers.
- 1 What are the causes behind Print Spooler Keeps Stopping on Windows 10?
- 2 How to Fix Print Spooler Keeps Stopping?
- 2.1 Change Print Spooler Service Startup Type
- 2.2 Print Spooler Keeps Stopping Registry Fix
- 2.3 Reinstall Printer Drivers
- 2.4 Install Latest Windows Updates
- 2.5 FAQ on Print Spooler Error in Windows
- 3 Final Words
What are the causes behind Print Spooler Keeps Stopping on Windows 10?
The print spooler is the critical service component in Windows. It facilitates communication between the computer and the printer. Any print command you send to the printer will be executed by the printer spooler service. Print spooler works like any other service in Windows. But if there are any issues with the same, you would face the issues while printing. HP print spooler stopping is the most common error. It is the service, which stores the print jobs for printing. Driver misconfiguration, Print malfunction, virus infection, or even the loos cable connections cause this issue to arise.
How to Fix Print Spooler Keeps Stopping?
To get rid of this issue, you have to follow these methods. Here are the working methods to fix Windows 7 print spooler keeps stopping error. All these methods work perfectly in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 computers.
Change Print Spooler Service Startup Type
The startup type determines how the service will start. Automatic means the service will start automatically. Manual ( Triggered ) means the service will start when the action is initiated by the software or the dependency. Disabled means the service will not run at any cost. We have to keep the print spooler service startup type to Automatic.
- First, press the “Windows + R” key combination to open the RUN window.
- In the RUN window, type “Services.msc” to open the services management console. Press ENTER to open.
- Now, you’ll see a lot of Windows services in the Services management console. Scroll down and find the “Print Spooler” service.
- Right-click on the Service and choose “Properties.” In the properties, click on the drop-down menu in the Startup Type.
- Select “Automatic” and then click on “OK” to save the changes and close the window. This will change the startup type to automatic.
- Now, you have to try to use the printer again. If it still does not work, then restart the computer to let these changes take effect and then proceed.
Print Spooler Keeps Stopping Registry Fix
The registry editor provides access to all of the registry entries. Windows keeps the registry entries for all of the Softwares, including proprietary services. You have to delete the registry entries for Printer spooler service in this method. Deleting the registry entry will force Windows to create a new one, which is proven to be helpful in fixing this problem.
- First of all, press the “Windows + R” key combination on your keyboard to open the RUN window.
- Type “Regedit” in the text field and press ENTER to open the Registry Editor in Windows.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path from the left-side panel.For 32-bit Windows version:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Print ProcessorsFor 64-bit Windows version:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Print Processors
- Now, delete the other folders of keys except “Winprint” from the left-pane. Right-click on the same and then click “Delete” to remove the keys.
- After that, restart the print spooler service from the services management console. Also, you can restart the computer to let the changes take effect.
Reinstall Printer Drivers
Most of the time, the print spooler keeps stopping after Windows 10 upgrade causes due to driver issues. the best way to fix the same is to reinstall the drivers. Windows OS automatically installs the best drivers from the available sources. We are going to uninstall the drivers, and Windows will automatically install the new drivers.
- First of all, right-click on the Start Menu and select “Device Manager” from the options to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, locate your connected printer device. If you have multiple printers, consider the one which is causing the print spooler crashing issue.
- Right-click on the device name and click “Uninstall” to remove the drivers. Confirm if asked.
- This will remove the current drivers from the computer. After a few seconds, Windows will automatically look for the new drivers on the internet or from the device itself.
- Alternatively, you can use the Device driver media provided by the printer manufacturer to repair the drivers.
Install Latest Windows Updates
If you are facing Print Spooler keeps stopping after Windows 10 upgrade, then you should skip this method. Those who are suddenly facing the problem should follow this method. Make sure you have the active internet connection, and a valid copy of Windows OS installed on your computer. The latest Windows updates come with the security patches and the bug fixes. If print spooler keeps stopping server 2012 r2 causes due to the bugs, then installing the updates will definitely work. Also, the latest Windows updates come with the latest drivers.
FAQ on Print Spooler Error in Windows
People always face questions about technical issues. It is important to get answers to the questions. Here are the frequently asked questions about the printer spooler service in Windows 10. We got our experts to provide an answer to the questions.
How Do I Restart the Print Spooler?
You can easily restart the print spooler service from the Services Management Console in Windows. Access the Services Management Console from Start menu, Find the Print Spooler Services and Restart the same.
Why is my Printer Spooling and not Printing?
Issues with the Printer Spooling services cause issues with printing. HP Printer spooler error is quite common, In this case, the printer spooling works, but the printer does not print. Restarting the Printer Spooler service will help you fix this problem.
What is Local Printer Spooler Not Working Error?
Print Spooler not working Windows issue is quite common. The issues with the Spooler service cause this issue. Local Printer spooler not working causes the printer to not receive the print queue. Due to this, the printer cannot start printing.
Facing issues while printing the documents is very annoying. Fortunately, every technical issue in Windows has the working solution. If you encounter the print spooler stopping error, then you should follow the methods that we’ve shared. All of the methods are working perfectly and will help you get rid of the problem. We tried our best to share the working methods for this issue. If you are still facing the Print spooler keeps stopping windows 10, please make sure to comment below, so we can help you.